Subject: Re: Linux

From: [email-masked] (Ty Sarna)

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked]
(Markus Wild) writes:
> plenty of RAM&HD sounds like a candidate for BSD to me :-) Anyway,
> Hamish will sure fill you in why you should try Linux instead:-)
> One thing I don't think Linux has yet is an ethernet driver for
> the 2065 board, so if you want to network your system, you'll have
> to go BSD for now.

Actually, if you want a working system you'll have to go with BSD for
now.  From what I've read on the Linux list, it doesn't look like Amiga
Linux is to the point yet where most (any?) people can do native
development, which is a good benchmark of system useability.  I don't
mean to insult the Linux people, I'm sure this will change in time.

> I'm right now working on a new version of the kernel, with the sources
> updated to NetBSD-current. Hey, I've been running my first (statically
> linked so far) SunOS-binary (hello-world) :-)

So does this mean I'll be able to steal /usr/games/adventure from my
sun3 for NetBSD use? :-)

Actually, when the sun3 NetBSD effort gets for enough along, I'd really
like to replace SunOS on my sun3 with it.  Does anyone have the address
of the sun3 person/group from the NetBSD status report? (the one posted
to the comp.os.386bsd groups and then reposted here) In fact, does
anyone still have the whole status report? I would have saved a copy if
I'd though more about it at the time. 

-- 
Ty Sarna             "Don Johnson is back -- back in time, and battling
                      drug-trafficking dinosaurs. Don Johnson -is-
[email-masked]    Jurassic Narc. Tuesdays at 8; 7 Central & Mountain"