Subject: PAL for grf0

From: David Crooke <[email-masked]>

From: "Martin P. Ibert" <[email-masked]>
   Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 23:12:00 +0100 (MET)
   X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL21]
   Mime-Version: 1.0
   Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
   Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
   Content-Length: 905       
   Sender: [email-masked]

   You, Markus Wild, write:

   | I think I already expressed more than once my utter digust towards
   | resolutions in 50Hz, and other canned dog food. You wouldn't "fix" grf_cc.c,
   | you'd break it.

   You did indeed. But I fail to see your point. I look at 50 Hz A2024 screen
   all day, and I do not experience any eye strain. I am not that much into
   Amiga video modes &such, but I fear that NetBSD would not work on my system,
   or only with a crippled screen (640x400, blech!). That would be a real
   pity ...

All you need to use 50Hz screen modes comfortably is a cheap and nasty
PeeCee monitor with slow phosphor - my 722x560 Workbench (PAL Hires
De-Interlaced) is rock steady at 50Hz. :-) :-)

Dave

David Crooke, Department of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh
Janet [email-masked]  :  Internet [email-masked]  :  IP talk [email-masked]
Work: JCMB Rm 1408, King's Bldgs, W Mains Rd., Edinburgh EH9 3JZ. 031 650 5164
Home: 12 (GFR) West Savile Tr, Edinburgh, SCOTLAND EH9 3DZ. 031 667 4854