Subject: display problems

From: Arthur Hoffmann <[email-masked]>

Hi, 
Thanks to all who replied to my earlier posting.
the problem with less and the small emacs and elm screen was solved by
doing stty lines 56 :)
The problem with loadkmap was not so easy the directory only contained
the source code for the din and the us keymap, but when compiled they
ended up being much bigger than the needed 1024 byetes. I then had a
look at ftp-uni.regensburg.de and found the proper ones  in the BI93 
directory tree. (problem solved, but umlauts still don't work :(
The problem with the cursors not functioning in emacs was fixed by
choosing the vt320 keymap instead of the vt200 one. Markus Wild
suggested to use <esc> x enable-arrow-keys in emacs, but I don't have
that function.
One odd thing I noticed using the vt320 keymap is that after about 15
minutes after a reboot it displays a message saying that root logged
in on console. ?

Anyway thanks for all the help.

Arthur.

					Arthur Hoffmann
					[email-masked]