Subject: no suitable root

From: Nick Borko <[email-masked]>

I've been reading the list for quite some time, and I have finally gotten an
Amiga 3000 to run NetBSD.  After downloading rootfs (~9-10 hours at 2400 baud..
could someone also tell me where I can find a working version of gzip for
the Amiga?), I transferred it to my BSDR partition as per the installation
instructions, but when I started it up I got "no suitable root".  There were
no other errors on bootup (at least that I could tell).  I applied the
_inhib_sync patch, but this didn't seem to help.  I am using a 120MB Maxtor
(I forget the model number), and I have one of the last produced models of
the 3000 so I don't think I have an old controller.  I'm pretty sure I
did the filetodev correctly, too.

Also on a side note, bffs11.lzh seems to be a currupt archive on all of the
sites I have tried...  FAQ seems to be cut off mid-word towards the end (is
this only because it is incomplete or is there a problem?)...  gzip is
available, but is this the Amiga version?  When I try to run it ados says
"file not executable".

I have a lot of experience with Sun workstations and with Amigas, but little
experience in Amiga hardware programming.

Nick Borko
[email-masked]