Subject: Re: newcomer problems

From: [email-masked] (Markus Illenseer)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1993 17:58:32 MET

On Oct 1, 12:27pm, Bill Squier wrote:
> I've got about the last 100 - 150 messages, and are now saving all
> messages that come in.  If you want, I can archive these and mail
> them to you.  If anyone is doing this archiving on an automated
> basis, that would be preferable...

 Only the last 150 messages :-) 
 This mailing-list is up since 29 Jun this year and in my database 
 there are up to 600 mails (quite interesting mails included, 
 the file is worth to store and have a look at if you have trouble :)
 and 1.6MB large.

 I suppose though that netbsd-amiga is stored by the listserver, no ?

-- 
Markus Illenseer

---

From: [email-masked] (Niklas Hallqvist)
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 93 22:21:32 DST

>>>>> "Markus I" == Markus Illenseer <[email-masked]> writes:

Markus I>  Only the last 150 messages :-) This mailing-list is up
Markus I> since 29 Jun this year and in my database there are up to
Markus I> 600 mails (quite interesting mails included, the file is
Markus I> worth to store and have a look at if you have trouble :) and
Markus I> 1.6MB large.

Only 1.6MB :-)

My archive is 2.0 MB, why is that?  Maybe duplicates, or don't you
save full headers, or heaven forbid: have *you* lost mail... :-)

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: [email-masked]
S-412 63  GOTEBORG, Sweden     mcsun!seunet!appli!niklas

---

From: [email-masked] (Markus Illenseer)
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1993 21:32:18 EST

On Oct 4, 12:07pm, Bill Squier wrote:
> Subject: network wits end.
> 
> Anyone having problems with both sendmail and lpd segfaulting immediately at
> startup?  Every other network daemon starts okay, some even function
> (like syslogd).  Try and start sendmail or lpd again from the shell, and the
> machine locks (no panic, no reboot, no NOTHING).  Memory issue? (ie, I have too
[...]

 I used the latest set of binaries and no problems at all to setup
 my network facilities. Oh, i use Ethernet if that helps tracking the
 problem.
 Esp. sendmail did work fine for me.
 (do not use sendmail as root, may confuse your admins :-)

> Could someone with a flawless network setup send me their /etc/rc,
> /etc/netstart, /etc/networks, and /etc/hosts files?  Much obliged.

 Well, the subitted /etc/netstart is all you really need to change.
 (replace 'godzilla' :-)
 Don't change anything besides uncommenting the needed network-
 daemons in /etc/rc. And /etc/hosts.... well, easy, no ?

 Looks like an entry in the FAQ this setup-stuff for networkers...
 How about suggesting a nice Unix-guide ? :->

-- 
Markus Illenseer