Subject: Re: vmunix.644

From: [email-masked] (Markus Illenseer) "Re: vmunix.644" (Oct 18, 12:12am)

On Oct 18, 12:12am, Markus Wild wrote:
> Subject: Re: vmunix.644
> > Sync mode worked for me with 613 but stopped working when I moved up to
> > 644. I got tired of having it work for a couple of releases and then not
> > working for a few more, so I went to the root of the problem. I finally
> > got around to replacing my early 04-PROTO SCSI chip with a new one. Now
> > sync mode on my MXT540SL works great.
> 
> Interesting.. 
[Explanatation deleted]

 Yes, very interesting, because i don't have ANY problems with my PROTO
 Chip in my A3000 together with a various range of drives:
 Quantum LPS, ELS, DEC DSP, Fujitsu (various), IBM GB-drive, HP-DAT,
 Wangtek-Tape, Sony CD300.

 I suggest to give the loadbsd or the kernel itself a flag where you can
 give the drives some time (ie. 1 sec) to finish the last data-transfers.

 I for myself have some problems, if i have INET: assigned; this yields
 into the problem, that the kernel is loaded very fast and started immediately.

 Looks like a 'time' problem to me.

-- 
Markus Illenseer