Subject: 2024 works with 640x800, can i get more?

From: [email-masked]

Hi,
Is there a way to binpatching the 730er kernel to do 1024x1024 or 1024x800?
I did get 640x800 working by binpatching _ite_default_height to 800 but
1024x1024 and 1024x800 doesnt work for me that way...
I even tried 1008 and _ite_default_depth 1=> i only get rubbish on my 
monitor when i try.
thanks,
Carsten
--
Carsten Hammer  Schwindstr. 7 33615 Bielefeld
Fakultaet fuer Physik          D4-139
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Hopps)

> I even tried 1008 and _ite_default_depth 1=> i only get rubbish on my 

It doesn't support 1008.  You need to either get sources from sun lamp
and compile a new kernel or wait for markus to release a new kernel
(which should not be too long from now.)  The 2024 modes where cleaned
up and made functional after 744.  However I never got 1024x1024 to
work to my satisfaction and I would not recommend binpatching it to
boot into 1024x1024.  My kernel boots into 1024x800x1.

> Carsten

Chris.

---

From: [email-masked] (Markus Illenseer) "Re: 2024 works with 640x800, can i get more?" (Feb 13, 1:08pm)

> boot into 1024x1024.  My kernel boots into 1024x800x1.

 Hm. I never used binpatch to alter the size of my screen, iteconfig
 works fine for me. My A2024 runs with 1024x1024x1 just fine, even with X.

-- 
Markus Illenseer