Subject: Re: SCSI-controller?

From: [email-masked] (Michael L. Hitch)

On Feb 16,  5:52pm, [email-masked] wrote:
> > I have an Amiga 4000 with 68040, and I have therefore been thinking of
> > getting either a A4091 or a A2091 with 2Mb ram.. Which would be the best
> > choice from a NetBSD viewpoint? How about the GVP series II? Does
> > anybody have some experience with running NetBSD on A4000 from one of
> > those?
> 
> Hm, 4091 would probably be the best choice, but it's not (yet?) supported
> under NetBSD. We do have similar drivers, so supporting it shouldn't probably

  I could probably add the 4091 support easily if I knew the offset of
the 53C710 registers, and knew the correct values to program the 53C710.
Also, NetBSD doesn't currently have any provisions for Zorro III devices,
but that should be very easy to add.

> do DMAs larger than 512 byte or so.. There is also support for a ZEUS 
> controller, don't ask me any details about that one, I just know it must
> exist because we got a driver for it:-)

  The Zeus controller is the onboard Fast SCSI-2 controller (also using
the 53C710) on the Progressive Peripherals Inc Zeus 68040 accelerator
board.

Michael

-- 
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  [email-masked]
Computer Consultant			BITNET:  [email-masked]
Office of Systems and Computing Services
Montana State University	Bozeman, MT	USA