Subject: Re: tty00, ^s

From: Tim Newsham <[email-masked]>

> 
> > Does anyone know why tty00 locks up when it receives a ^S?
> > How hard would it be to fix?  Where would one look, in the
> > amiga/dev/ser.c code?  in the kernels tty code?
> 
> Er, maybe I'm wrong but isn't ^S normally the 'stop' character?
> It is meant to halt output - while still taking input - so that
> ^Scba will not show anything until ^Q is pressed after which
> cba will be displayed.
> stty -a will show you if ^S is bound to 'stop' or not.

Yes, this is the stop character, but when tty00 is used to
dial out (ie. kermit) this doesnt seem to be the proper behavior.
It is not possible at this point to get the remote to send a
^Q because you cant get any info to the remote period.  It is
not possible at this point to exit and have tty00 reset, at least
from kermit, kermit seems to hang in a dead state after the
exit() system call is called.  At this point nobody can use the
device until the machine is rebooted.  (Well, actually, receiving
still works, just cant send any data on the serial line).

> Kapteyn Laboratorium                     E-Mail:
> Postbus 800                                      [email-masked]
> 9700 AV GRONINGEN                                [email-masked]