Subject: param.h include file problem

From: "Stephen J. Roznowski" <[email-masked]>

The "machine/param.h" include file (from sun-lamp 12 Feb) has
some problems. There is a "cpu040" variable that does not
appear to be defined anywhere. The problem is two-fold:

1. Should cpu.h be included into param.h?

2. What about the "KERNEL" define that protects cpu040 from
   being defined?

This problem shows up when trying to compile the libkvm files.

-SR

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Hopps)

> This problem shows up when trying to compile the libkvm files.

I am aware of this, hopefully I will have the fix in libkvm today.
The amiga 040 stuff currently uses a difference Sysseg table and
cpu040 is a part of the SEGSHIFT define.  libkvm is trying (when
looking at a dead kernel) to use SEGSHIFT, and thus references cpu040.
The solution (for the present) is to modify libkvm to fetch the cpu040
variable from the dead kernel also.  The long term fix is to change
the VM system to operate the same under 030's and 040's.

> -SR

Chris.