Subject: Re: Stuck without any messages...

From: [email-masked] (Markus Illenseer) "Re: Stuck without any messages..." (Feb 2, 10:29am)

On Feb 2, 10:29am, Zik Saleeba wrote:
> Now if only I could get nfsd to work on my A3000 so I can cross-mount
> /usr... Has anyone had any success with nfs serving from NetBSD?

 Yes, fairly easy even, export the stuff from within
 /etc/export, and nfsd will handle it.

-- 
Markus Illenseer

---

From: Zik Saleeba <[email-masked]>

>  /etc/export, and nfsd will handle it.

I've tried this, and quite a few other contortions along this line. I
happily managed to mount filesystems from a 386 NetBSD box, but every
attempt from my A3000 resulted in "Permission denied" errors. I
remember someone (Michael L. Hitch) commenting on a similar problem a
while back. If anyone else has solved a problem along this line I'd
love to hear from them. This is all that's keeping me from getting my
A2500/020 from running NetBSD with only 52Mb of local disk :-)

Thanks in advance,
+-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+
|      [email-masked]      | "People who like quotations        |
|     [email-masked]    |  love meaningless generalisations" |
|            Zik Saleeba            |               - Graham Greene      |
+-----------------------------------+------------------------------------+

---

From: [email-masked] (Markus Illenseer) "Re: Stuck without any messages..." (Feb 3, 10:26am)

> A2500/020 from running NetBSD with only 52Mb of local disk :-)

 Be sure you export the partitions with permissions set, like:
 /usr rw=hostname secure 
 /usr ro
 /usr/stuff -access=hostname

 see more in exports(5)

-- 
Markus Illenseer