Subject: Building sun-lamp sources

From: [email-masked]

Well, I was successful in building a kernel from the files at sun-lamp
but, alas, it doesn't even give me the initial greeting.

	I used gcc 2.5.8, which is what I used for bsdsyssrc744 and it worked
wonderfully.  What was the reason that 2.5.8 does not work building a kernel? 
Mine worked just fine on 744.

	Anyway, in sys/arch/amiga/conf/files.amiga, aren't there a bunch
of files missing?  What happened to all the *.s files in sys/lib/libkern/m68k?
Why is fpsp in m68k and not in amiga?

	Just wondering...:)

R. Luebbert

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Hopps)

> but, alas, it doesn't even give me the initial greeting.

My first guess is that you have not yet gotten the loadbsd-current.gz
from ftp.eunet.ch which is required (and from now on checks the kernel boot
verion number so that this doesn't happen anymore)

My second guess would be that the times on your files are screwed up.
Try rmoeveing *all* objects and build a new kernel.

> Mine worked just fine on 744.

Try the first 2 I think one of those will fix things.

> Why is fpsp in m68k and not in amiga?

There aren't any files missing you need the new config to correctly
fetch things for you like it needs to scan arch/m68k/conf/file.m68k.
the config on sun-lamp should build out of the box for you.  *remeber*
link static since you choose to use 2.5.8

Becuase fpsp is code for Moto 040's not amigas.

> R. Luebbert

Chris.

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael L. Hitch)

> link static since you choose to use 2.5.8

  The sys/lib/libkern also expects to find stuff in lib/libc.. - most
of the *.S files are found in lib/libc/arch/m68k/*.

Michael