Subject: Re: SCSI-controller?

From: [email-masked]

> I finally decided to try out NetBSD yesterday, but it did not like
> booting from my BOIL-SCSI controller..

What a biiiig surprise :-))

> I have an Amiga 4000 with 68040, and I have therefore been thinking of
> getting either a A4091 or a A2091 with 2Mb ram.. Which would be the best
> choice from a NetBSD viewpoint? How about the GVP series II? Does
> anybody have some experience with running NetBSD on A4000 from one of
> those?

Hm, 4091 would probably be the best choice, but it's not (yet?) supported
under NetBSD. We do have similar drivers, so supporting it shouldn't probably
be too hard. The A2091 is supported, as are the GVP-II series. However, the
later really suck, at least that's the impression I got from problem reports.
First, GVP seems to think it's nice to use same product IDs for all sorts of
different boards, second, serial port performance drops dead if you try to
do DMAs larger than 512 byte or so.. There is also support for a ZEUS 
controller, don't ask me any details about that one, I just know it must
exist because we got a driver for it:-)

-Markus
-- 
CHUUG/EUnet Switzerland				Markus Wild
Zweierstrasse 35	Tel: +41 1 291 45 80	[email-masked]
CH-8004 Zuerich		Fax: +41 1 291 46 42	S=mw;P=EUnet;A=EUnet;C=CH