Subject: Shared lib problems...?

From: jefF rizzO <[email-masked]>

After beating my head against this for two days, re-reading the FAQ several
times, and looking through two weeks of this mailing list, I'm ready to ask
for a little help getting NetBSD-Amiga up on MY amiga.

Here's the symptoms:
Virtually all the files in /usr/bin, and many others, refuse to run, giving
me 'trapsignal (various numbers)', and either "floating point exception" or
"bus error", or possibly some other (related) message.  It seems to me that
I'm having a shared-library related problem.  The question is, what have I
forgotten to do???  I have the /usr/lib and /usr/libexec archives, and the
updated bash, make, and ps, and am running vmunix.744.  Is there something
else? 

Here's my setup:
A2000, ECS Agnus & Denise
GVP G-Force '040 accelerator with 4 meg
Seagate ST41200N 1.2G drive

Also, 'reboot' and 'reboot.amiga' don't seem to work for me.  I read the
suggestion of someone (the name escapes me now, sorry) with a G-Force '030
who suggested using 'gvpcpuctrl NOFASTROM', but it  doesn't seem to work
for me.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance... I can hardly wait to have NetBSD functional.

+jeff

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Hopps)

> me 'trapsignal (various numbers)', and either "floating point exception" or

Hmm, your running everything from the rchive and didn't compile
something like ld and friends?  If you have recompiled ld.so with a
bad compiler then things like this will happen.

Chris.

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael L. Hitch)

> GVP G-Force '040 accelerator with 4 meg
               ^^^
  I think you need an updated /usr/libexec/ld.so (or patch the one you
have).  The one originally distributed in the /usr/libexec archive doesn't
have the cache control needed to run on the '040.  I don't know if a
patched version or an updated version is available anywhere.  I can send
you the patches to fix the old ld.so if you want.

> Also, 'reboot' and 'reboot.amiga' don't seem to work for me.  I read the

  The reboot on the '040 doesn't work in kernels up to vmunix.744.  I
changed the reboot code to work on my PPI Zeus card, and the changes should
be in the current sources.  When someone creates a new kernel, that fix
should be in there.  I don't know if it will work with the G-Force '040
though.

Michael