Subject: Problems compiling sun-lamp sources

From: "Stephen J. Roznowski" <[email-masked]>

I've just finished grabbing the 6 Feb sources from sun-lamp. I've
replaced my /usr/include files with the ones from these sources
and when I try to compile the libraries with gcc-2.5.8 I keep
getting the following types of errors:

	===> c++
	cc -O -DLIBC_SCCS -fpic  -c c++rt0.c
	ld: internal error:wrong number of symbols (7)
	    written into output file, should be 5
	c++rt0.o.___dtors
	c++rt0.o._initialized.6

Does anyone have a fix for these? (Before I start digging...:-( )

-SR

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Leland - PSI)

Last time I heard g++ didn't get along with shared libraries.
Weather it was the linker, which I believe is the case and also
the debugger I am not sure.
maybe linking -static would fix your problem.

-Rob

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Hopps)

> Does anyone have a fix for these? (Before I start digging...:-( )

You must have missed my message, don't use the 2.5.8 I released to ftp.eunet.ch!
Very bad things could result.  Markus will be releaseing a version in
a few days, I personnally use the 245 that comes with the distribution
as it needs to be tested and doesn't eed to be fixed.

> -SR

Chris.