Subject: NetBSD boot error...

From: Eric Glanz - Unix Support <[email-masked]>

I am having a strange problem, and was wondering if anyone had an answer for
this:

I have a 3000T, 5meg of memory, and have a 200 meg hitachi drive dedicated to
BSD (ID #6).  After laying down the boot partition with filetodev and booting
BSD, I get the following error:

sl0 attached
ppp0 attached
changing device to sd6a

dmanext at end!!!

Then BSD halts...  

Any reason why this happens?  I had the boot partition working correctly
before, and and using the exact same filetodev parameters as before, except
this time I get this error!  Any ideas?

--Eric Glanz

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael L. Hitch)

> this time I get this error!  Any ideas?

  This problem has happened to at least two other people with A3000T systems.
I think my latest changes to the scsi drivers may have fixed the problem.  I
don't know of any kernels with these changes available yet.  I think if you
binpatch _scsi_no_dma, you should be able to get the system booted up.

Michael

-- 
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  [email-masked]
Computer Consultant			BITNET:  [email-masked]
Office of Systems and Computing Services
Montana State University	Bozeman, MT	USA