Subject: Tape drive lockup...

From: Eric Glanz - Unix Support <[email-masked]>

Now that I finally got NetBSD up, my tape drive seems to lock up for no
apparent reason.  What happens is, while using tar to extract files from the
tape, the rive seems to never let go of the scsi bus after a while of usage.  I
upgraded to a rev 8 scsi chip thinking that this would solve the problem, but
it did not.  BTW - The tape drive works fine on the AmigaDOS side.  Here is my
hardware configuration:

A3000T 5 meg ram
Tandberg TDC3600 tape drive
200 meg hitachi dk312c HD

Any ideas?

--Eric Glanz

---

From: [email-masked] (Markus Illenseer) "Tape drive lockup..." (Feb 18, 12:10am)

> Any ideas?

 Not really, other  than that tape drives _do_ lock the scsi-bus,
 but you are right, they should release the bus after having rewinded
 the tape.

-- 
Markus Illenseer