Subject: BFFS 1.3, DirOpus etc.

From: [email-masked] (Terje Normann Marthinussen)

Just wondering.
What is the reason why BFFS 1.3 won't work with the filecompletion
in KingCon, or will give you any files in the file windows in Directory Opus
when you try to access a BSD partition?

I'm not really complaining, it's a lot better now when it does nothing, 
compared to earlier versions where it blocked (deadlocked?) my disk :)

Terje Marthinussen
[email-masked]

---

From: David Jones <[email-masked]>

> when you try to access a BSD partition?

BFFS does not support AmigaOS filesystem semantics.

e.g. cd / goes to parent under AmigaOS, but root on BFFS.

This may be enough to break you.

Also, AmigaOS doesn't grok symlinks that well.

-- 
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
email: [email-masked], finger for more info/PGP public key