Subject: Re: Mail not Working

From: [email-masked] (Joe Vasher)

I finally got mail working thanks to the help. Here is what I had to do.

ftp src0712.tar.gz and unpack it 

cd /src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf/

then run "m4 cs-exposed.mc >sendmail.cf" (choose one of the macros there read 
them and see which you want) 

then edit sendmail.cf and search and replace localhost with your site.
look for local mail and change them from /bin/mail /bin/mail.local
copy /usr/libexec/mail.local to /bin/local.mail

then make a directory in /var/ called mail that's it. should run great.

Now I know there is way's to edit the macros to fix the above to work better 
but I'm not sure how to do this. So this will get things working locally. I 
think if you want both internet mail and local mail, you will have to choose 
one of the other macro's.. NOT SURE. But it would be nice is there was a macro 
supplied that was more generic for NetBSD (I'm sure there is a better macro to 
choose from) (I would love to know)

Hope it helps.

--
<======================================================================>
|    Joe Vasher               Internet: [email-masked] or       |
|    ComQuest BBS             UUCP:     heifetz!mbsun!cquest!jvasher   |
|    (313)397-5047            FIDO:     Joe Vasher>1:2410/403.0        |
|                      Thanks for flying Xcel                          |
<======================================================================>

---

From: [email-masked] (Joe Vasher)

Sorry bout the above, I didn't test it from the user's side. ONLY as root. 
There seems to be a problem with file permissions. The mail files themselfs 
are being created by daemon in group daemon and -rw--------- so no users other 
then root (superuser) can read mail.... If anyone knows what to do about this 
could you let me know please.

Thanks