Subject: Re: SCSI-controller?

From: [email-masked] (Michael L. Hitch)

On Feb 18, 11:14am, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> Manufacturer and product code are simple: the same as an original
> wordsync: SysInfo tells me that I have a wordsync; the text on the card
> tells me it's a wordsync, and the manual tells me that the hardware is
> a wordsync. The only difference (though an important one from a user-

  In that case, I would guess that the product code is 12?  My Wordsync
has a product code of 12 and I am able to read from the disk with NetBSD.
I haven't added the psuedo-DMA stuff to the Supra driver yet, but will
probably do that this weekend.  That should speed up access considerably.

> interface point of view) is the EPROM that's on it. And the installation
> software. But I presume that both of those are completely irrelevant,
> since we're going to bang on the hardware. I would therefore presume
> that from a NetBSD point of view, the BOIL is indistinguishable from
> a 'real' wordsync.

  If the 5380 registers are at the same location, and the pseudo-DMA
works the same way, then it should work find with my driver.

Michael

-- 
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  [email-masked]
Computer Consultant			BITNET:  [email-masked]
Office of Systems and Computing Services
Montana State University	Bozeman, MT	USA