Subject: Re: SCSI-controller?

From: Olaf Seibert <[email-masked]>

Michael Kofod <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I finally decided to try out NetBSD yesterday, but it did not like
> booting from my BOIL-SCSI controller..

For the record: I also have a BOIL3 scsi controller (in my 2000, not
in my 4000). It is basically the hardware of a Supra Wordsync (aside:
I thought that word was trademarked by commodore, or somesuch)
with different firmware (it now supports autobooting and RigidDisk
Blocks, and a harddisk password, for instance).

The reasons why I haven't tried it in my 4000 yet are
1. the 105M disk with it is full, and I can't just swap disks with 
the 4000 because they are IDE; (if I really must I could back it up
to the empty space on my 326M disk, though)
2. I tried a A2630 of a friend in my 2000 and it didn't like the BOIL
card. Removing either from the machine, or running the A2630 in 68000
mode, made it work, otherwise just blank screen. I've presumed that
they just programmed their stuff incompatible with a '030 (despite
their mentioning them in the user manual) so I never tried it in my
4000.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert       D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ There are no lemurs in this post	      [email-masked]