Subject: PostScript printers on NetBSD

From: Bakul Shah <[email-masked]>

Has anyone attached one of these to a NetBSD machine?
Which port did you use, serial or parallel?
What filters did you use?  Did you use anything
with enscript capabilities?  Thanks for any info.

Bakul

---

From: [email-masked] (Hellmuth Michaelis)

>From the keyboard of Bakul Shah:

[postscript printers]

> Has anyone attached one of these to a NetBSD machine?

Yes, HP Laserjet IIIP Plus + HP Postscript Cartridge (Level 2)

> Which port did you use, serial or parallel?

Parallel.

> What filters did you use?

psf. Appeared in comp.sources.misc volume 27 with a lot of patches after-
wards. A real nice piece of software.

> Did you use anything
> with enscript capabilities? 

What's this ?

hellmuth
-- 
Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
 Experience is directly proportional to the amount of equipment ruined (Murphy)

---

From: "Jonathan O'Brien" <[email-masked]>

> with enscript capabilities?  Thanks for any info.

I have a Seiko color PostScript printer. It's really Phoenix Page or some 
nonsense like that, but it works fine. It's hooked up to the parallel port 
of a 386sx 12Mhz w/4Mb ram.

This printcap seems to work for me.

lp|pegasus|local color printer:\
        :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/color:mx#0:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
        :sh:tr=:

Jon