Subject: Re: UUCP <[email-masked]>

From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <[email-masked]>

In message <[email-masked]>you write:
->Hello,
->
->Got two questions about the state of UUCP in -current:

->2) Apparently something has changed for the i386 port between
->mid-August and last week with respect to the com drivers that is
->causing uucico to fail to nogatate a connection.  Basically, uucico
->manages to call and log in correctly, but the uucp link isn't set up
->[this happens on all protocols, the connection will hang waiting for
->data or will receive a bit of data in a garbled state].  It is all a
->bit odd, as uucico works fine over a TCP connection [which doesn't
->mess with com settings, of course].  I can also go back to the
->mid-August kernal and run uucico successfully, but the kvm stuff
->changed, which makes it annoying to use....  Anyway, I was wondering
->if anyone else has had simular problems????

I had the same problems, with the kernel form around 4th of september
I had to tweak the getty options in order to log in over a saerial line
and now this dammn shit hits me again.  Who is making those changes that 
affect the serial lines on i386 and where?  In com.c there is nothing that 
seems obvious to me.

The _BETA kernel as of mow is unable to handle my downlinks at all.
The uplink is via a CSLIP link build up via a hacked dip, and that works fine.
I heavily suspect the getty/login/com-combo doing somwthing really wierd.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 ==============================================================================
 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    [email-masked]
 ==============================================================================