Subject: Which NetBSD to get?

From: [email-masked]

I want to install NetBSD on my machine but am not sure about
where to get a version which I can work with and develop on.
I read the last announcement of Hubert Feyrer saying that
the version 1.0-pre-release-2 is just a snapshot with problems.

Which NetBSD Versions are available and which of them are
recommended?

Heiko Nardmann ([email-masked])
               (             ^^^                       )

---

From: Hubert Feyrer <[email-masked]> "Which NetBSD to get?" (Sep 14, 7:16pm)

> the version 1.0-pre-release-2 is just a snapshot with problems.

I didn't say that it is "just" a snapshot, I said it's *rather* a snapshot as
there is a (one, single!) problem with GDB. Don't put false words into my
mouth!

> Which NetBSD Versions are available and which of them are

There's still the 1.0-pre-release (#1), but that one comes without installation
docs.

Hubert

-- 
=============== Hubert Feyrer ============================================
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg,  Tel. 0941/701788
      Weekends: Bachstr. 40,   D-84066 Mallersdorf, Tel. 08772/6084
      Internet: [email-masked] == IRC: hubertf
==========================================================================

---

From: [email-masked]

> there is a (one, single!) problem with GDB. Don't put false words into my

Sorry, didn't try to start a flame :-)

> There's still the 1.0-pre-release (#1), but that one comes without installation

Then you recommend the 1.0-pre-release #1 as a runnable kernel, right? And which
one COMES with a installation doc?

ciao ... Heiko Nardmann

---

From: [email-masked] (Markus Illenseer) "Which NetBSD to get?" (Sep 14, 7:16pm)

On Sep 14,  7:16pm, [email-masked] wrote:
> Subject: Which NetBSD to get?

 Get this version. Only problem which should occure, and of which 
you read in the annoncement is a problem with gdb, the GNU-Debugger.

-- 
Markus Illenseer