Subject: Re: Timezones

From: [email-masked] (Jukka Marin)

Karl-Gunnar Hultland asks:

> Can I patch the Kernel for it to use a
> different timezone? Or is it possible to
> add such an option into the iteconfig
> program. As it is now, I have to choose
> if the Amiga side or the Unix side will
> get the correct time.

Simply make a link /etc/localtime to a correct file in /usr/share/zoneinfo.
I have

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  23 Sep 29 19:23 /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/EET

to get EET (East European Time).  The Amiga clock has to be in GMT.

You can also set your timezone to GMT which will give you the same time
on both sides (just set the Amiga clock to your real time).

  Jukka Marin

-- 

| Mail:  Jukka Marin         |     E-Mail:           [email-masked]  |
|        Metsurintie 17 B 8  |     FAX/voice:        +358 71 283 2793     |
|        70150 Kuopio        | There's God above computers -              |
|        FINLAND             |                       Love beyond the hate |
 \                                                                       /
  \ If a train station is where the train stops, what is a workstation? /