Subject: lockd specs or source?

From: [email-masked] (Niklas Hallqvist)

Excuse me if this is somewhat out of context (but not entirely
as NetBSD could make use of an lockd implementation).

Does anyone know where I can get the specs or source for the
NFS lock protocol (you know, what lockd ordinarily implements).
If you know of any hint where I can get such info, please answer
me ASAP as I'm meeting a deadline where I must've implemented
at least a dummy lockd, i.e. just accepting lock requests
without doing anything.

Niklas

---

From: "Charles M. Hannum" <[email-masked]>

I'm not sure about V2, but you can get the NFS V3 spec from:

playground.sun.com:/pub/nfs/NFS3.spec.ps.Z

Rick Macklem was working on implementing NFS V3 functionality (mainly
64-bit offsets) in the BSD NFS implementation.  As far as I know, he
hasn't done any work on lockd, or have any plans to.

(Note to everyone else: I assume he will resume his work on V3 soon,
so I wouldn't suggest that anyone else bother at this time.)

---

From: [email-masked] (Niklas Hallqvist)

>>>>> "Charles" == Charles M Hannum <[email-masked]> writes:

Charles> I'm not sure about V2, but you can get the NFS V3 spec from:

Thank you, I really appreciate it.  Too bad they leave out the NFS
Lock monitor version 3 spec (the one going together with NFS V2).
Any ideas whereelse, short of X/Open, I can get som hint of the
prrotocol?

Niklas