Subject: A few questions ...

From: Danny Lepage <[email-masked]>

First, I've got some problem with slip/ppp, especially when the modem
lost its carrier. 
When this happend, I just can't su (or rlogin/telnet localhost). I just
can't get a shell prompt after the password is entered.
After killing slattach/pppd, all goes fine (su, rlogin/telnet localhost)
works just fine.
The real problem is that I'm not always logged as root to kill slattach/
pppd, so I end up having to do the three finger salute (and I hate this).

Second, what should I change in termcap (or elsewhere) so that using
a vt200 term works ok ? If I choose vt200 after logging on the console,
the cursor jump in the middle of screen, without clearing the rest of
the screen.

Third, Is there any support in Amiga-NetBSD for multi-serial ports cards?
I might have a chance for a used A2??? (a card with 5 or 7 serial ports,
from Commodore), and I'd like to know if it's currently supported.

Also, I encountered some problem with vi when the term is set to vt100.
If I keep the down arrow down for too long, (or if I buffered too much
down arrow), vi froze. Somebody else noticed this behavior??

Any pointers to resolve the above problems will be greatly appreciated.

SetUp: A3000 16MHz 18Meg, last kernel from sun-lamp:{arch/amiga|release/amiga}

Thanks.