Subject: German keymap

From: [email-masked]

I recently recompiled the kernel and replaced the US keymap
with the german one. I found there are a couple of mistakes in
the keymap and changed it myself.

Here are some of the things that did not work correctly:

- allmost all the alt combinations were screwed up (f.e you had
  to press alt shift 2 to get a '@' instead of simply typing alt 2)
- the numeric keypad had '(' and ')' instead of '[' and ']'
- the keycodes for the function keys were screwed up a bit,
  the '-' on the keypad did not send any code, also the help key
  sent the wrong code
- probably something else that I don't remember right now

I could upload this to ftp.uni-regensburg.de, but maybe there's
already a new and improved version out there which I don't know of.
So I'm asking here...

Another thing: the code in ite_cc.c seems to depend on the keypad
sending '(' and ')', because after I changed them to '[' and ']'
the PF1 and PF2 keys didn't work anymore. I had to change the
keypad table in ite_filter(). Maybe somebody should remove this
dependency...

Also another question (hope it's not a FAQ): why don't the
national characters work? I noticed the keymap IS setup to send
the national characters, but they simply don't get displayed.
Probably some "feature" of ite, right? :) I looked around in
the kernel source, but it seems like I currently don't know
enough about the kernel internals to find the cause of this.

Greetings,
	Blaz

--
Blaz Zupan		* Internet: [email-masked]
Ljubljanska 19/B	* Fidonet:  2:380/104.40
62000 Maribor, Slovenia	* SLON:     TFERI4::UEL111R2A