Subject: Re: duplicated inodes <[email-masked]>

From: jason downs <[email-masked]>

In message <[email-masked]>,
	"Charles M. Hannum" writes:
>   >>does anyone else see a lot of duplicated inodes after during a lot of
>   >>disk access? (a lot == building the world or something equally as large.)
>   >
>   >Yes!  Or after untarring a large set of files, etc.
>   >
>   >fsck loves to find DUPs for me when I do this.
>
>Are the file systems in question nearly full?  I remember some strange
>lossage, possibly related to block relocating, that happened on full
>or nearly-full file systems.

in my case, i've seen it in both partitions that were 80-90% full,
and on partitions that were about 50% full.

>You might try changing `doreallocblks' (both definitions) in
>vfs_cluster.c to `0' and see if it helps.

thanks for the tip.

--
                    ----------------------------------------
-------------------// jason downs // [email-masked] //------------------
                   ----------------------------------------      JD105
		  http://www.CSOS.ORST.EDU/downsj/index.html
	       I remember the day when Sun made decent computers.