Subject: Problem with elm and locking

From: [email-masked] (Bernd Ernesti)

Hello,

I have some problems with elm 2.4 pl23 or pl24.
When I send me an local mail with Elm and read it with Elm I got some
message that there is an lock on this message and elm gives it up after
several tries.
Has someone solved this problem ?

Bernd

---

From: [email-masked]

> Has someone solved this problem ?

Configure asks you for file locking methods. These are dot locking, flock
style locking and fcntl style locking. Use the first and the second, but
not the third. I don't know if this is suboptimal, unsecure, or has any
other disadvantages, but elm works fine for me.

-- 
Joern Clausen                        "What do you think will be the biggest
[email-masked]        problem in computing in the 90s?"
Universitaet Bielefeld               "There are only 17,000 three-letter-
Technische Fakultaet                  acronyms."              [Paul Boutin]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jukka Marin)

> Has someone solved this problem ?

I have elm pl23 working properly.  Maybe you have compiled it with wrong
locking options?

I can ftp the working elm binary somewhere if required..

I have also compiled lynx but I configured it for local use, so the
binary may not be useful for others.

  Jukka Marin

-- 

| Mail:  Jukka Marin         |     E-Mail:           [email-masked]  |
|        Metsurintie 17 B 8  |     FAX/voice:        +358 71 283 2793     |
|        70150 Kuopio        | There's God above computers -              |
|        FINLAND             |                       Love beyond the hate |
 \                                                                       /
  \ If a train station is where the train stops, what is a workstation? /

---

From: [email-masked] (Bernd Ernesti)

>I have elm pl23 working properly.  Maybe you have compiled it with wrong

Right :)

Many thanks to all who give this hint (Chris, Joern, Ron).

I thought about that this could cause this problem, but never believe
that this is really the problem.

Now it works.

Bernd