Subject: X & -current problems

From: Greg Spiegelberg <[email-masked]>

I've having some difficulty getting XFree 2.1.1 working on my machine.
Here's a quick run down:

	- XSERVER & UCONSOLE are in the kernel
	- lo0 is configured
	- XF86 was properly installed (I quaddruple checked)
	- fonts exist and Xconfig is 100% correct (I double checked
	  against the Config_ program)
	- all libraries are installed & LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set
	- XWINHOME is set
	- /usr/X386/bin is in my path
	- I've tried with and without xdm loaded as well

All of this is off the top of my head, so I'm sure I've done more.
Anyways... here's the error message I'm getting:

XIO: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) on X server ":0:0"
     after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
     The connection was propably broken by a server shutdown or KillClient.

Any ideas or suggestions?

--
          ,,,  Boo!        
         (o O) /         
+-----ooO-(_)-Ooo------+	Greg "TwoTone" Spiegelberg 
     gspiegel@owens		UNIX Systems Administrator, SAIC
+------------Oooo.-----+	RidgeNet, Ridgecrest, Ca. 
      .oooO  (   )      	NAWCWPNS, China Lake, Ca. 
      (   )   ) /       
       \ (   (_/        
        \_)

---

From: Greg Spiegelberg <[email-masked]>

1st, just saying thanks to people who are offering their help.  I really don't
want to resort to Linux.

2nd, most of you have suggested me captuing the stderr & out to a file.
I mistakenly omitted this from my previous post.  (Whoops)
The ouput I got was a one line message saying there was a error
occuring with the clock values.  (I don't have it with me)

I've doubled checked the Xconfig and there aren't typing errors.
For those interested, I'll send the file to.  (it's at home and I won't
be there for a while)

Thanks again guys!

-- 
Greg "TwoTone" Spiegelberg		"Do you need a reservation for 
UNIX Systems Administrator, SAIC	 the afterlife?"
RidgeNet, Ridgecrest, Ca.		 
NAWCWPNS, China Lake, Ca.