Subject: Installing BSD

From: Michael Nielsen1 <[email-masked]>

I'm having a few problems installing BSD since there does not
appear to be any kind of documentation available for installation, is
there any one who can help?  I've got the rootfs installed in sd1a, swap
in sd1b (both recognised by disklabel), but sd1a is write protected, so I
cannot create an fstab, or disktab, nor do anything else that requires
any storage.  Have I installed the rootfs incorrectly??

	thanks
		mike

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]		Michael Nielsen BeHons @ 1993
				Disclamer :- I'm Innocent 
------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Markus Illenseer) "Installing BSD" (Sep 10, 12:43pm)

> any storage.  Have I installed the rootfs incorrectly??

 mount -u /dev/sd0a /

 Then you can alter fstab and finally boot into multiuser.

-- 
Markus Illenseer

---

From: Hubert Feyrer <[email-masked]> "Installing BSD" (Sep 10, 12:43pm)

> appear to be any kind of documentation available for installation, is

There's a find doc with the latest release. As far as I know what the different
to the 1.0-pre-release are, I'll make it available here.

> in sd1b (both recognised by disklabel), but sd1a is write protected, so I

mount -u /dev/sd1a /

> any storage.  Have I installed the rootfs incorrectly??

If you really have installed a rootfs (rootfs.gz, or whatever), then you *have*
done something wrong: You have installed an old version of NetBSD. :-)

Hubert

-- 
=============== Hubert Feyrer ============================================
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg,  Tel. 0941/701788
      Weekends: Bachstr. 40,   D-84066 Mallersdorf, Tel. 08772/6084
      Internet: [email-masked] == IRC: hubertf
==========================================================================