Subject: mouse drivers for Gateway 2000, which one?

From: [email-masked] (Brian Buhrow)

We are setting up a bunch of Gateway 2000 Pentium machines.  They all have
mice which attach to the mouse port on the back of the machine and which
are made by Microsoft.  Which driver should do the trick under Xfree86-2.0?
(mms, or pms) or, something completely different?
-thanks
-Brian

---

From: "Charles M. Hannum" <[email-masked]>

We are setting up a bunch of Gateway 2000 Pentium machines.  They
   all haven mice which attach to the mouse port on the back of the
   machine and which are made by Microsoft.  Which driver should do
   the trick under Xfree86-2.0?

What does the connector look like?  And is it similar to the keyboard
connector?

I've never seen one of those machines, but I'd guess it's a PS/2 mouse
port.  You *could* just try both drivers (mms and pms) and see which
one works.

Note that regardless of which kernel driver you use, you should tell
the kernel it's a MouseSystems mouse.

---

From: "Charles M. Hannum" <[email-masked]>

Note that regardless of which kernel driver you use, you should
   tell the kernel it's a MouseSystems mouse.

I meant to say `you should tell the *X server* it's a MouseSystems
mouse'.