Subject: UUCP

From: [email-masked] (Brad Spencer)

Hello,

Got two questions about the state of UUCP in -current:

1) With the talk of setreuid of late, has someone looking into fixing
up the setreuid() calls that are present in the UUCP package??

2) Apparently something has changed for the i386 port between
mid-August and last week with respect to the com drivers that is
causing uucico to fail to nogatate a connection.  Basically, uucico
manages to call and log in correctly, but the uucp link isn't set up
[this happens on all protocols, the connection will hang waiting for
data or will receive a bit of data in a garbled state].  It is all a
bit odd, as uucico works fine over a TCP connection [which doesn't
mess with com settings, of course].  I can also go back to the
mid-August kernal and run uucico successfully, but the kvm stuff
changed, which makes it annoying to use....  Anyway, I was wondering
if anyone else has had simular problems????

Thanks,

Brad Spencer - [email-masked] [work]
               [email-masked] [more work]
               [email-masked] [home]