Subject: early binary of retina-Z3 X11R6 available

From: [email-masked]

I uploaded XamigaR6.gz into
ftp.eunet.ch:/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/incoming/experimental. 
Those with 1.0 kernels, beware this is a 0.9-binary, so it's time to
test your 0.9-compatibilty code that you all have hopefully
enabled:-)) 
The server should work on grf0 (CC mono), grf1 (retina Z2, but ONLY
if you have enabled the BANKED_DEVPAGER conditionals in the kernel),
grf2 (some direct blitter calls, for now only covers in-framebuffer
copy-operations). The following non-standard options are supported:
-noGX   no blitter support for grf2
-mode X after going into gfx-mode, set video-mode X. I think this
        requires slight changes to grf.c to work. If it doesn't on
        your kernel, patch _retina_default_gfx resp.
        _retinaz3_default_gfx to the desired mode (get available
        modes with "videomode -a")

The server doesn't include PEX support, it's already > 1M without
it... 

I uploaded the binary because some people wanted to give it a try,
well, tell me about any problams you might have if you do (unless
they're just 1.0-related:-)).

Ciao,
-Markus

PS: source will follow at a later stage.

-- 
EUnet Switzerland   Tel:     +41 1 291 45 80	Markus Wild
Zweierstrasse 35    Hotline: +41 1 291 45 60	[email-masked]
CH-8004 Zuerich	    Fax:     +41 1 291 46 42	S=mw;P=EUnet;A=EUnet;C=CH
>Solaris 2 is not an upgrade from Solaris 1. They just want you to THINK it is.