Subject: Re: install -d

From: Mark Gooderum <[email-masked]>

> What does "install -d -c" supposed to mean?  It makes no sense to me, 
> that's why I made them exclusive options when I added the -d support to 
> install so long ago.
> 
> 	--jtc

I agree, it's kind of non-sensical.  Basically I'm guessing (from the
use context within a FreeBSD makefile), that something like:

	install -d -c 	dir/path/file.c

is taken as:

	install -d dir/path
	install	-c dir/path/file.c

Yeah I know, hokey...ironically, I have no opinion on the matter, this
all started from my reporting on what I needed to do to build the FreeBSD
kerberosIV tree, this was one of the few things that actually needed
changing.  Now I'm playing with the Cygnus kerberos dist, but I may try to
just fold in the key missing parts to the FreeBSD KerberosIV tree I have,
it certainly would be easier for us NetBSDer's.

My site at home should be full time on "the net" sometime today, so I'll
actually be able to put stuff up and have people leave things via ftp and
so forth.

-Mark