Subject: ppp to Dialup PPP

From: Mark Townley <[email-masked]>

Has anyone out there successfully configured ppp (my home machine) 
to connect to a machine (work machine, sun sparc, 4.1.3) running 
Dialup PPP.  I have managed to get ppp to connect to /dev/tty01 and
negotiate ip addresses and everything looks ok until I try to connect
to the work's machine, ie telnet.  Telnet displays that it has connected
but no login prompt appears and then just sits there and eventually
timesout.  I get the following message appearing on the screen :

pppd[108]: demuxprotrej: Unrecognized Protocol-Reject for protocol 65283!

However, ping seems to work ok, but does loose some packets.

I know this isn't much to work from, but any ideas ? I'm running 
(NetBSD-1.0 beta).

Thanks 

Mark Townley
Unix Systems Manager
Praxis plc
Bath
England
UK