Subject: Re: Curses

From: Andreas Heitmann <[email-masked]>

Hi !

>>>>> "David" == David Jones <[email-masked]> writes:

    David> I am about to undertake my first application using curses.
    David> I notice in the Sun man page, that SYSV curses will
    David> automatically decode cursor motion keys if the keypad()
    David> function is called.  No such function exists in BSD curses.

    David> Do I have to roll my own - i.e. get a possibly multi-key
    David> sequence and use timeouts to distinguish naked Esc from a
    David> cursor key?

I'm not very familiar with NetBSD-Curses and I don't use it because it
lacks color capabilities. With some minor changes you can get ncurses
to compile (don't flame me, I know that this is Linuxish stuff). It
works with function keys, colors and underline/bold/inverse
attributes.

bye,
-- 

   Andreas Heitmann  ([email-masked])

        "Don't give me any of that intelligent life stuff. 
         Find me something I can blow up."  

	Lt. Doolittle, _Dark Star_