Subject: PPP problems...

From: "L. Todd Masco" <[email-masked]>

Has anybody had any luck connecting an Amiga NetBSD machine to a
routing via ppp?  Does pppd on the Amiga use rts/cts?  Any helpful
hints?

Thanks,
--
L. Todd Masco  | "Which part of 'shall not be abridged' didn't
[email-masked]  |   you understand?"

---

From: [email-masked] (Niklas Hallqvist)

>>>>> "Todd" == L Todd Masco <[email-masked]> writes:

>> niklas looked through the serial routines and said that some of the
>> hardware flow control stuff wasnt being handled properly and made
>> patches for it.  I think he said that the amiga hardware doesnt do
>> it so you have to do it yourself.  At any rate I'm not sure if
>> thats integrated into -current yet.  Maybe you dont have flow
>> control in your kernel.

Todd> Could be; Any idea how one can tell?

CTS will work for you, but not RTS.  If your machine is fast this is no
problem, but with an 030 at 33MHz and 19200 baud arriving *to* your port
(i.e. downloading) you'll probably need RTS support.  If you compile
your own kernel, you can get patches from me.  Just mail me.

Niklas