Subject: New Ethernet board for NetBSD

From: Brian Moore <[email-masked]>

Last message today, I promise.

I'm thinking of buying a new EtherNet controller for my ix86 computer.  I
remember seeing some message about cards that have some trouble with NetBSD,
but of course, wasn't paying attention at the time.  Since I know next to
nothing about the PC Ethernet card market, could some one suggest a board that
works well with NetBSD, or at least tell me which ones I should avoid? 

Thanks alot,
Brian Moore
[email-masked]

---

From: Greg Spiegelberg <[email-masked]>

# 
# Last message today, I promise.
# 
# I'm thinking of buying a new EtherNet controller for my ix86 computer.  I
# remember seeing some message about cards that have some trouble with NetBSD,
# but of course, wasn't paying attention at the time.  Since I know next to
# nothing about the PC Ethernet card market, could some one suggest a board that
# works well with NetBSD, or at least tell me which ones I should avoid? 
# 

Boards that I have tried and have worked wonderfully are

ne2000, smc 16 elite (double check the chip), 8bit 3c503 BNC & TP,
and the 16bit 3c503 BNC

Offhand I don't know the chip on the SMC that worked well, I just remember
an older one with a different chip was irradic.

Greg
--
          ,,,  Boo!        
         (o O) /         
+-----ooO-(_)-Ooo------+	Greg "TwoTone" Spiegelberg 
     gspiegel@owens		UNIX Systems Administrator, SAIC
+------------Oooo.-----+	RidgeNet, Ridgecrest, Ca. 
      .oooO  (   )      	NAWCWPNS, China Lake, Ca. 
      (   )   ) /       
       \ (   (_/        
        \_)