Subject: kvm_mkdb doesn't

From: Paul Southworth <[email-masked]>

kvm_mkdb doesn't create any database as far as I can tell; it also 
produces no error messages.  ps fails:

ps: proc size mismatch (1288 total, 640 chunks)

but "w" currently works (it was broken while i used a current kernel with 
the aug 1 binaries)

how do i figure out what's going on?

---

From: "Chris G. Demetriou" <[email-masked]>

sounds like:
	(1) your ps(1) is compiled against an old libkvm,
	(2) the new libkvm.*, etc., were installed in /usr/lib
	(3) therefore, w, which is dynamically linked, uses it.

i'd guess that if you recompile/relink ps, it'd work, too.

you said that "kvm_mkdb doesn't create any database as far as I can tell."
how did you try to 'tell'?

later,

chris

---

From: Hubert Feyrer <[email-masked]> "Re: kvm_mkdb doesn't" (Sep 20, 1:30am)

> i'd guess that if you recompile/relink ps, it'd work, too.

Compiling libutils did the job for me up to now.

Hubert

-- 
=============== Hubert Feyrer ============================================
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg,  Tel. 0941/701788
      Weekends: Bachstr. 40,   D-84066 Mallersdorf, Tel. 08772/6084
      Internet: [email-masked] == IRC: hubertf
==========================================================================

---

From: Paul Southworth <[email-masked]>

> i'd guess that if you recompile/relink ps, it'd work, too.

OK OK, you're too clever for me.  I give up.  I admit it.  I did a 
naughty and didn't link with the new libs.  Agh.  It's too early in the 
morning for me to deal with this.