Subject: Re: duplicated inodes <[email-masked]>

From: jason downs <[email-masked]>

In message <[email-masked]>,
	Jan-Hinrich Fessel writes:
>In message <[email-masked]>you write:
>->does anyone else see a lot of duplicated inodes after during a lot of
>->disk access? (a lot == building the world or something equally as large.)
>
>Yes.  But only on my SCSI-drive(M2624SA) that did not do auto-remapping of bad
>sectors.  The errors generated by this drive were put out by the kernel,
>but apparently not or not always did the filesystem check for these,
>because only around 10% of the kernel errors generated write failures.
>
>What I desparetely needed then was some scsi-format and remp utility.

hmm. i'm seeing this on a variety of drives, none of which should have
any bad sectors visible to the OS.

--
                    ----------------------------------------
-------------------// jason downs // [email-masked] //------------------
                   ----------------------------------------      JD105
		  http://www.CSOS.ORST.EDU/downsj/index.html
	       I remember the day when Sun made decent computers.