Subject: Re: /opt (NOT!) <[email-masked]>

From: [email-masked]

> 	Just a reminder, NetBSD is NOT nailed down yet. ANY part of it
> 	could change drastically with NO notice. If you or anybody
> 	else is assuming there is something rock solid about NetBSD then
> 	I suggest you prepare yourself for the inevitable rude awakening...

I hope that this is not the case.  We are trying to get a release out.

> 	Already, some non-m68k change was made to the kernel recently and
> 	the m68k ports lost debugger capability because of it... Expect
> 	more of the same as time goes on. That's just the way it is.

No, I don't expect anymore.  This change was required becuase of 
a political situation.  The ptrace had to go and had to go before
release.

> 	Anyways, the main point of my message is the make clear the NetBSD
> 	is in no way, shape or form nailed down and stable. If you are
> 	expecting/assuming it to be so then you are in for a nasty
> 	surprise, probably in the near future.

If you notice NetBSD 0.8 and 0.9 were nailed down releases.  We are 
trying to coordinate the same now with an extra 9 or so platforms.
It takes a while and we've had problems.  Most of it is due to not
having multiplatform tools for building releases.

Anyway I have *plenty* of new stuff that I haven't been commiting
to either tree for a while now just so that I don't break the
current tree (which no one can sup right now) and of course would
be unacceptable to commit to the release as I consider that locked
tight.

Chris.