Subject: Problems with X and -current

From: Brian Moore <[email-masked]>

Is anybody else having problems with XFree86 2.1.1 and the latest current from
about 7/14 through the yesterday's sources?  What happens is that after
anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours of working on an xsession started from xdm
or startx, the keyboard gets disassociated from the console.  The computer
isn't locked up, and any jobs ( like FTP transfers ) I started before the
keyboard problem just keep running.  Also another weird things is that my xload
program shows the load to be steadily increasing from the time the keyboard
died. Unfortunately, I'm always at home and can't just telnet in to check this
out.  Didn't this happen before, where the X server would go nuts and just keep
on taking up processor time?  I am using the binaries from ftp.laas.fr with the
aperture lkm driver.  If anyone could suggest anything for me to look at to
try to diagnose this thing, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian Moore

---

From: "John C. Hayward" <[email-masked]>

On Thu, 1 Sep 1994, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> I've encountered a different problem.  Very occasionally I'll get most of the
> keys just stop working; only a few will work.  Exiting X fixes this problem.
> It's happened so infrequently that I've been hesitant to report it.
> 
I had a similar problem when I first set up things.  I found if I disabled
the getty on the console the problem went away.  I don't know if you should
be able to run a getty on the console or not but if you have a getty on
the console turned on you might try turnning it off.
johnh...