Subject: Reverse text in xterm

From: [email-masked] (John Shardlow)

I have an annoying problem when using xterm in NetBSD.

Certain programs such as more and elm which use reverse video
text mess up the display because once reverse text has been 
selected it won`t switch off again.

The only way to get rid of it is to do a `Full Reset` on the 
middle button menu. (Which is OK if you have a middle button but before
I got the 3 button mouse it was a REAL PITA!)

Does anyone know how to cure this?

John

---

From: John Shardlow <[email-masked]>

Ooops. Someone pointed out that I needed to setenv TERM xterm.

Obvious really ! :-)

I`ve altered my .cshrc to do this:

if (`tty` == "/dev/tty00") then
        setenv TERM vt200
else
        setenv TERM xterm
endif

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

John