Subject: inn and sendmail+IDA

From: Marc Duponcheel <[email-masked]>

Hi NetBSD Amiga people,

Thanks everybody for helping me with the 'compilation' problems for inn
and sendmail+IDA.

I can summarise that the 'less' trivial changes are:

1) inn

- Just don't include the file containing all the *non* prototyped
versions of libc (forgot the name ...).

- make a dymmy program called 'lint' :-) that does nothing

- 'make'+'make install'

2) sendmail+IDA

- first make gdbm (from GNU)

- use BSD make (not GNU make)

- 'make'+'make install'

sendmail+IDA looks nice since it wraps m4 scripts around the rather
complex task of setting up sendmail.cf. Why must sendmail be so cryptic
anyway ? I must say that the installation does not (yet) run 100% ok.

Greetings,

--marc.

                          \|||/
                          (o o)
+----------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo------+----------------------------------+
|         |          |                  |  Cisco Systems Belgium NV/SA     |
|        |||        |||                 |  Complex Antares                 |
|       |||||      |||||                |  71, Avenue des Pleiades         |
|   ..:|||||||:..:|||||||:..            |  1200 Brussels                   |
|                                       |  BELGIUM   EUROPE                |
|     Cisco Systems Europe              |                                  |
|                                       |                                  |
|     Marc Duponcheel                   |  tel:    +32 2 778 42 40         |
|       MIS analyst                     |  e-mail: [email-masked]      |
+---------------------------------------+----------------------------------+

---

From: [email-masked] (Ty Sarna)

> Thanks everybody for helping me with the 'compilation' problems for inn
[...]
> anyway ? I must say that the installation does not (yet) run 100% ok.

Have you looked at the sendmail that comes standard with NetBSD? It's
version 8.6.9, and it also has nice m4 scripts and just about every
feature IDA does and more. Unless you have an existing investment in
IDA (as I do), you're better off to go with 8.6.9. I'm planning to
switch from IDA to 8.6.9 on our mail server when I get the chance, and I
already run NetBSD's 8.6.9 on NetBSD.

-- 
Ty Sarna                   "You can lead a gift horse to water but 
[email-masked]          you can't make him look you in the mouth"

---

From: Marc Duponcheel <[email-masked]>

Hello Ty Sarna,

Thanks for the info !

I did not know that sendmail 8.6.9 also had m4 preprocessor scripts.
So, now quickly find them and throw away IDA !  PS: if I don't locate
the scripts easily you will hear from me again :-)

Greetings,

--marc.

                          \|||/
                          (o o)