Subject: kernel compile problems

From: [email-masked] (Jukka Marin)

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the Current kernel to have root disk on sd0a (SCSI ID 01)
and swap on sd1b (SCSI ID 6).  I say
  config         netbsd root on sd0a swap on sd1b
in my config file and try to compile.

Here's what happens:

cc  -O -mc68020 -m68881 -I. -I../../../../arch -I../../../.. -I../../../../sys
-DM68030 -DTIMEZONE="0xffffff88" -DDST="-2" -DFPCOPROC -DFPSP -DINET -DFFS
-DMFS -DPROCFS -DKERNFS -DNULLFS -DFDESC -DADOSFS -DCD9660 -DFIFO -DSWAPPAGER
-DVNODEPAGER
-DDEVPAGER -DCOMPAT_09 -DCOMPAT_SUNOS -DCOMPAT_43 -DTCP_COMPAT_42
-DCOMPAT_NOMID -DGRF_ECS -DGRF_NTSC -DGRF_PAL -DSYSVSHM -DSYSVMSG -DSYSVSEM
-DKTRACE -DDIAGNOSTIC
-DNKMEMCLUSTERS=256 -DGENERIC -DPANICWAIT -DKERNEL -Dmc68020 -Damiga -c vers.c
rm -f netbsd
ld -x -n -T 0 -o netbsd -e start ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
autoconf.o: Undefined symbol `_setconf' referenced from text segment

I'm using gcc 2.4.5, if that matters.

Please..?

  Jukka Marin

-- 

| Mail:  Jukka Marin         |     E-Mail:           [email-masked]  |
|        Metsurintie 17 B 8  |     FAX/voice:        +358 71 283 2793     |
|        70150 Kuopio        | There's God above computers -              |
|        FINLAND             |                       Love beyond the hate |
 \                                                                       /
  \ If a train station is where the train stops, what is a workstation? /

---

From: [email-masked]

Did you try a 'grep "setconf" <

---

From: [email-masked]

Shit ... my mail program has some probs ...

Did you try a 'grep "setconf" vers.c' ? Does this string exist inside
of vers.c? Or where does it come from?

I'm just guessing without having any src of it :-)

I won't blame this immediately to the old version of gcc ...

ciao ... Heiko